2020-2021 School Year
IRWIN ALTMAN MIDDLE SCHOOL 172
81-14 257 Street Floral Park,
New York 11004 718 831-4000 FAX: (718) 831-4008
Mr. Jeffrey D. Slivko, Principal Mr. Myles Nash, Assistant Principal
Ms. Maritza Soto, Assistant Principal
Dear Parent/Guardians and Future Graduates:
Welcome to your senior year! Part of the “senior experience” for a family is receiving the cap and gown! This year we are taking every precaution to ensure that all seniors receive their cap and gown in a safe manner. Please read the detailed information regarding the ordering of your cap and gown in anticipation of senior pictures which will be taken in the spring (more information to come soon).
Cap and Gown Order
M.S 172 is collaborating with Reed Ring Corporation for this year’s cap and gown order and have established a convenient and safe process for families to place a home-delivery order for the cap, tassel and gown following the steps below:
1. To place an order, go to: collegegrad.herffjones.com/
2. Enter the school name (Irwin Altman Middle School) in search bar and click search button
3. Click on the “Irwin Altman Middle School” link that appears followed by the “Cap and Gown” tab at the left (next to “Home” tab).
4. Scroll down and click on the “Graduation Regalia” link (you will see a photo of the graduation cap, gown and tassel along with the price of $17.50).
5. Enter student information and click on “Add to Cart” button then enter “Billing Information” (please note, no deliveries can be made to a PO Box) and click “continue” button (you will see a shipping amount of $10).
6. Confirm your address and place your order. The items will be delivered to your home with 5-7 business days.
All orders must be placed no later than Sunday, January 31, 2021 to ensure that you receive your cap and gown prior to the scheduled picture date. The total cost will be $29.05 including tax and shipping. In addition, any parent/guardian without access to a credit card can call Reed Corporation at 718-461-7333 to make an appointment for an in-person payment.
Although this school year may look very different, we want you to know that we are making every effort to create a safe senior experience for all eighth students and families. You will be receiving more information about senior photos and other senior-related items such as the school yearbook soon.
If you have any questions, please contact me at Msoto32@schools.nyc.gov and/or Ms. Hochrad at firstname.lastname@example.org